To assist in dealing with personal information and providing for the protection and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988
This policy applies to all directors, executive, staff and contractors
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include your name, identity details, photos, contact details and transactional information. We may also need to collect other Personal Information such as gender, marital status and financial information and other information from which you may be identified.
We also collect your Personal Information if you apply for a job with Paraway.
We collect Personal Information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- undertake our business including providing products, services and transactions;
- maintain your contact details;
- provide information to our clients;
- fulfil our legal obligations such as those relating to insurance, taxation, anti-money laundering, modern slavery or as otherwise authorised by you.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes that are closely related to the primary purpose in circumstances where you may reasonably expect use or disclosure such as to comply with orders from a court or tribunal or other enforcement related activities.
Sensitive Information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s race, political or religious beliefs, sexual orientation and sexual life, criminal convictions, biometric or health information, membership of professional or trade associations or unions or information about your affiliation with certain organisations such as professional associations.
Generally we do not collect sensitive information about you unless required or permitted by law or where you consent for us to do so.
Your Personal Information may be kept in physical and electronic records at locations owned and operated by Paraway and the premises of our service providers. This may include storage in the cloud and may mean the information is stored outside Australia. We take steps to store your Personal Information in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed within and outside Paraway:
- to service providers who provide services to Paraway in connection with our business (including accounting, banking, legal, insurance, investigation, identity verification, website and technology services);
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations;
- to third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure.
You may request access to or correction to the Personal Information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions. You will be provided with reasons for any refusal for access and/or corrections to your Personal Information.
Document, Revision and Version Control
This policy supports Paraway’s compliance with following legislation:
- Privacy Act 1988
- Australian Privacy Principles
2.0 (February 2022)
Date of next Review